Printer Says Out of Paper But Has Paper, Just because the printer says it’s out of paper doesn’t mean that it really is. There are a variety of reasons why you might see this message and with a little digging, you can usually find a solution to get your print job going again. Check out these resources for more information on what to do if your printer says out of paper but has paper.
Printer Says Out of Paper But Has Paper
If your printer is telling you that it’s out of paper but there is in fact paper in the tray, there are a few things you can do to try and fix the issue.
First, check to see if the paper is jammed. If it is, gently remove it and see if that clears the error.
If the paper isn’t jammed, try restarting both your computer and the printer. This can sometimes clear up communication issues that are causing the printer to think it’s out of paper.
If neither of those solutions work, you may need to clean the sensors that tell the printer how much paper is in the tray. Use a cotton swab or soft cloth to lightly clean the sensors, being careful not to damage them.
If you’re still having trouble, contact your printer’s manufacturer for further assistance.
Solutions to fix the issue
If your printer says it’s out of paper but there is paper in the tray, there are a few things you can do to fix the issue.
- Check for any loose paper in the tray. If there are any loose sheets of paper, remove them and try printing again.
- Make sure the paper tray is inserted correctly. If the tray is not inserted correctly, the printer may not be able to pick up the paper.
- Clean the rollers. Over time, the rollers in the printer can get dirty and cause problems with picking up paper. To clean the rollers, you can use a lint-free cloth dampened with water or alcohol. Gently wipe down the rollers and try printing again.
- Check for jammed paper. If there is any jammed paper in the printer, remove it and try printing again.
- Reset the printer. Sometimes, a simple reset can fix problems with a printer. To reset your printer, turn it off and unplug it from power for 30 seconds. Then, plug it back in and turn it on. This should clear any error messages and allow you to print normally again.
If your printer says it’s out of paper but there is still paper in the tray, don’t panic! This is a common issue that can be easily fixed. First, check to make sure that the paper size settings in your printer match the size of the paper in the tray. If they don’t match, adjust the settings and try printing again. If that doesn’t work, remove any jammed pages from the printer and try printing again. Once you’ve completed these steps, your printer should be able to print correctly.